Instructor: Odin Smith
Day: Wednesdays (6 classes). Class begins January 8th, 2020
Price: Members $96 | Non-Members $126
Find out why acrylic is the hottest trend in making art. Become familiar with the techniques of this exciting medium. Beginners to intermediates will learn to use stronger values, better composition, and more dynamic color to give your work strength, depth and interest. Learn to use these expressive mediums to bring light and life to your paintings, and most importantly, bring sense of self to your work.
(Acrylic Paint colors)
- Titanium White
- Cadmium Yellow
- Cadmium Orange Light
- Cadmium Red Deep
- Ultramarine Blue
- Phthalo Blue (green shade)
- Phthalo Green (blue shade)
- Burnt Sienna
- Dioxazine Purple
- Primed Canvas or primed Masonite Board
- Medium Grade Acrylic or Oil Paint Brushes, # 2, #6, #8, #10, #12 to start
*(A.C. Moore and Michaels have good inexpensive brushes. Do not buy the lowest quality brushes. They fall apart in your painting.)
- Palette- I use an inexpensive “Glad” plastic covered casserole container, approximately 9” X 12” (Grocery store) with an 8” X 11” “Miracle Sponge” (A.C. Moore)
- Pallette Paper or Parchment Paper (Grocery store) cut to size
- Paper Towels
- Container for water
- Several of your own photos (no magazine cuttings!) to use for reference, or objects for still life
The object here is to put together good, mid-grade supplies at a minimal cost.
Odin has won several awards and has shown many juried exhibitions, including the PPSCC National Juried Exhibition, the “Women Creating” show held at the Cahoon Museum of Art, the Leo Diehl Exhibition, and the All Cape Cod Art Show to name a few. Also a professional illustrator, with experience in magazine and book cover illustration. Odin is a past president and continued member of the Guild of Harwich Artists, a member of the Creative Arts Center and an Artist Member of Cape Cod Art Center.