Instructor: Eileen Casey
Days: Tuesdays (6 classes) – Class begins March 31st
Cost: Members $130 | Non Members $160
Optional: $25 drop-in rate per class (please pay office day of drop-in)
Creative fun with what can be the most painterly or most graphic printmaking techniques… monoprints and monotypes, with and without a printing press! The surprising results may be works of art in themselves, or inspirational underpaintings for other media.
Printmaking Play Supply List
- Pencils, erasers, paintbrushes. Any mark making tools you have.
- Soft rubber 4″ or 6″ brayer (roller) *
- Plexiglass sheet with a 1/8″ thickness, if desired*
- Scissors and/or retractable utility knife and/or xacto knife.*
- Akua brand soy-based ink*
- Non-latex gloves*
- Baby wipes and rags*
- Found paper (anything you have–decorative papers, maps, pages torn from books, fabric)
- Textured items (natural/silk flowers, leaves, raffia, twine and string, lace, corrugated cardboard, burlap, etc.)
- Mixed media paper (14” x 17” or larger)
- Printmaking paper if you have it. (Paper will be available for purchase.)
- Newsprint pad (any size)
- Oak-tag and or assorted papers and cardboard.
*Available in class, but if you want “your own”, please feel free to bring any, or all *items!
Eileen majored in Art at Emmanuel College. She taught art and worked with children close to 40 years. Her primary medium is pastel and she enjoys printmaking, mixed media, and graphite. She is a Master Artist at CCAC and an International Association of Pastel Societies Master Circle Artist. She is a Signature Member of the Pastel Society of America, the Connecticut Pastel Society, as well as the Pastel Painters Society of Cape Cod, where she is past Recording Secretary, past Vice President and currently serving on the Board. She is a member of several additional art organizations. She was a pastel instructor at the Creative Arts Center in Chatham in 2018. Eileen earned First Place in the 2012 Pastel Journal and an Honorable Mention in 2013. She was also chosen for their 2017 “7 Emerging Pastel Artists to Watch”. She has been honored with numerous national, regional and local awards for her work. Eileen shows at Sandwich Antiques Center and with the Sandwich Arts Alliance. She lives in Sandwich.