Cape Cod Autumn Light & Colors with John Tunney-WAITLIST…CALL 362-2909
$ 395 Members $435 Non-Members
Fall is a special time on Cape Cod. Things start to quiet down, the weather is still mild, the light is fantastic and best of all – sunrise is at a very reasonable 7am! In this Autumn version of John’s Creative Coastal Photography Workshop, you’ll work with Fall light and colors to create fine-art images while exploring beaches, dunes, harbors, cranberry bogs and other areas of the Cape. The focus is on creative seeing – how to “see” a scene, discover its creative potential and produce an expressive image.
The workshop starts mid-afternoon on Friday and wraps up around lunchtime Sunday. We’ll be working on the Lower Cape, but may venture into other areas too. The itinerary and schedule will be flexible, but plan on field shoots in the mornings and afternoon into early evening, plus a possible moonlit night shoot (weather depending). Midday there will be classroom sessions for editing and reviewing pictures.
Classroom sessions will be conducted via zoom. You’ll car pool to the locations using your own car. Masks are required during the field shoots.
Who’s it for:
Anyone with basic understanding of camera controls and Lightroom and/or Photoshop or the equivalent software.
What you’ll learn:
– How to look at a scene, “see” its creative potential using the elements of design
– How to create impressionistic images using long exposures, camera motion, depth of field and multiple exposures
– The creative use of wide angle and telephoto lenses
– Low-light photography tips
– Processing tips to fine-tune your compositions for better control of light and color, added expressiveness, dimensionality and finish.
– How to plan your own photo expeditions and identify good locations.