Ending September 1st, 3166 Main Street, Barnstable (next formerly the Barnstable Tavern)
Cape Cod Art Center is hosting a pop-up art exhibit and sale featuring over 90 original pieces of artwork from multiple estates. Artwork Includes oils, watercolors, pastels, photography – framed and unframed. Artists represented include local artists: Michele Dangelo, Thomas Eaton, Brooks Kelly, Xavier Gonzalez, Lois Griffel, Sarah Holl, William Maloney, Rosalie Nadeau, Sandy O’Connor, Mary Alice Eizenberg, and Joyce Zavorkas. Many more artists with national reputations are also included. The sale will run through Saturday, August 31st and Sunday, September 1st, from 10 a.m to 4 p.m. at 3166 Main Street, Route 6A, Barnstable Village. All proceeds go to the Cape Cod Art Center Capital Campaign. 508-362-2909. Cash, Checks and Credit Cards will be accepted.
Image Credit: “Vase of Flowers” by Jean Tucker, watercolor
An Art Conference for all Media
Saturday, September 28, 2019
Doubletree Hotel, 287 Iyannough Rd, Hyannis
20 sessions packed with tips, techniques and inspiration to help you advance your artwork. There’s something for everyone – from beginners to advanced.
Keynote Speakers: Catherine Kehoe and Nancy McCarthy – Faculty Members at Massachusetts College of Art and Design
and Co-Founders of Black Pond Studio
$125/per person, register at www.masteringyourmark.org
Silent Auction and Party
Painters, Photographers, Digital Artists and Artists of all types: Join us for a day of Plein Air, looking at Barnstable’s Barns in a whole new light.
Saturday October 5th, Rain Date October 19th, 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Meet at the Cape Cod Art Center and receive a list of seven local barns along with directions and parking information. Coffee and pastry available.
Registration for participating artists: $25
Register HERE or in person at Cape Cod Art Center
* Registration fee includes all day painting and
entering your work into the silent auction.
* Artist may choose to donate proceeds of the sale to the
Capital Campaign or receive 50% commission.
* Participating artist and guest are invited to the silent auction and reception
(General public $25/person, $40/couple for silent auction and reception)
* Work can be delivered to CCAC any time until 4:30.
Wet Paint Silent Auction and Party 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Bids close at 7PM
Join us at the Art Center for a seasonal celebration, party, and “Wet Paint” Silent Auction featuring the works created during the day.
Photographers and digital artists may prefer to participate in an on-line auction that will be launched on October 12th.
Let’s celebrate our Village and put the Barn back in Barnstable!
Saturday, November 2nd, 9 am – 4:30 pm
Resort & Conference Center at Hyannis
35 Scudder Ave, Hyannis, MA
Join us for Click! 2019 featuring Charles Needle (keynote), Rad Drew, Rita Colantonio, Lisa & Tom Cuchara, John Hames, Andy Howard, John Klingel, Steve Koppel, Jurgen Lobert, Bob Singer, John Tunney and Sherri VandenAkker.
– 13 instructors and 30 sessions packed with tips, techniques and inspiration to help you advance your photography. There’s something for everyone – from beginners to pros.
– Bring your camera! Hands-on shooting ops with dancers, live models and more!
– Morning keynote: Charles Needle, “Mindful Photography: Seeing in a Different Light” Details
– Print competition: Bring up to two pictures to enter into the print competition. The category is “Open” – anything goes. Click here for the rules and prizes.
– REGISTER Early to Win! The first 100 people to register will be entered into a drawing for the Wacom Intuos Pro Professional Pen & Touch Tablet – a $350 value!