What is Digital Art? The Digital Artist uses pixels rather than paint. Pixels can be captured with any camera from DSLRs to mobile phones. The artist develops images on computers, mobile phones, and tablets to express their creative vision.
Digital art is revolutionary. It is an art which can be shared through the internet without galleries or museums. It is accessible. Everyone who has a mobile phone, tablet, or computer can participate. Cape Cod Art Center is a national leader in the mobile digital art movement. We offer classes for all levels of digital artists. We bring in internationally recognized artists to teach workshops, and offer a unique Digital Art Group, which meets at 7pm on the first and third Tuesday of every month. Curious?
Cape Cod Art Center has launched a new venture: a NATIONAL Digital Art website to facilitate an exchange of information about digital art worldwide. Included on the site will be information about classes and workshops, competitions, and artists as a members forum. The website is just up. Check it out here: https://www.nationaldigitalartists.org/
All classes are held in our Barnstable facility, 3480 Route 6A, unless otherwise noted
* Covid safety protocols are in effect in our classrooms.
Workshops are generally on a weekend, either one or two days long. We bring in instructors from all over the United States.
Class Enrollment Information & Cancellation Policy
Effective August 1, 2015
Classes and Workshops: Enrollment
- Students must pay for the class/workshop at the time of registration.
- There are NO refunds for classes or workshops missed due to the student’s absence. There is no pro-rating of classes.
- Class: If a student cancels a registration at least 15 days before a class begins, a refund will be granted less at 5% processing fee. Any cancellations after that date will not qualify for a refund.
- Workshops: if a student cancels registration at least 15 days before a workshop begins, a refund will be granted less a 5% processing fee. Any cancellations after that date may not qualify for a refund.
- No refund will be given after the start of a class/workshop unless there is a documented medical emergency.
- Workshop/class cost is fully refunded when a class is cancelled for insufficient enrollment.
Classes and Workshops: Cancellation
- In the event of snow or inclement weather, the CCAC’s policy for cancelling is as follows:
- If Barnstable Public Schools are closed, then CCAC will be closed as well.
- If the instructor cancels a class for any reason, it’s up to the instructor to call the students and let them know.
- If the school systems are closing and CCAC decides to hold class regardless, then a CCAC staff person will call the students and let them know or vice versa.
- CCAC remains OPEN for most holidays. It is up to the individual instructor to determine if they will hold class or not. Be sure to check with your instructor about class if there’s a holiday during your class session.