Cape Cod Art Center teaches classes in oil/acrylics, watermedia, pastels, drawing, mixed media, abstract art, printmaking, and painting techniques, from beginners to advanced. Classes and workshops are held on a year round basis. One to one mentoring is also available in select media.
*All classes are held in our Barnstable Center, 3480 Route 6A, unless otherwise noted*
* Mask advisory and guidance for Massachusetts residents
Effective April 18, 2022, as a result of a change in federal policy, masks are no longer required on public transportation including on the MBTA (except on The Ride), commuter rail, buses, ferries, and airplanes, or while in rideshares (Uber and Lyft), taxis, and livery vehicles. Face coverings are also no longer required inside or outside of transportation hubs, including train stations, bus stops, and airports.The Department of Public Health advises that individuals should wear a mask or face covering when indoors if you have a weakened immune system, or if you are at increased risk for severe disease because of your age or an underlying medical condition, or if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease or is unvaccinated.
-All classes are held in our Barnstable facility, 3480 Route 6A, unless otherwise noted
Workshops are generally on a weekend, either one or two days long. We bring in instructors from all over the United States.
Class Enrollment Information & Cancellation Policy
Effective August 1, 2015
Classes and Workshops: Enrollment
- Students must pay for the class/workshop at the time of registration.
- There are NO refunds for classes or workshops missed due to the student’s absence. There is no pro-rating of classes.
- Class: If a student cancels a registration at least 15 days before a class begins, a refund will be granted less at 5% processing fee. Any cancellations after that date will not qualify for a refund.
- Workshops: if a student cancels registration at least 15 days before a workshop begins, a refund will be granted less a 5% processing fee. Any cancellations after that date may not qualify for a refund.
- No refund will be given after the start of a class/workshop unless there is a documented medical emergency.
- Workshop/class cost is fully refunded when a class is cancelled for insufficient enrollment.
Classes and Workshops: Cancellation
- In the event of snow or inclement weather, the CCAC’s policy for cancelling is as follows:
- If Barnstable Public Schools are closed, then CCAC will be closed as well.
- If the instructor cancels a class for any reason, it’s up to the instructor to call the students and let them know.
- If the school systems are closing and CCAC decides to hold class regardless, then a CCAC staff person will call the students and let them know or vice versa.
- CCAC remains OPEN for most holidays. It is up to the individual instructor to determine if they will hold class or not. Be sure to check with your instructor about class if there’s a holiday during your class session.