Acrylic Jump Start on ZOOM
Instructor: Odin Smith
Day: Fridays (6 weeks), -May 20-June 24th, 2022
Time: 10am – 12pm
Price: Members $145/Non-Members $175
Zoom link will be email to you prior to class.
Have fun with a series of exercises designed to increase creativity and help students add emotional content to your acrylic work. There should be no limits to your imagination. Be prepared to do different painting exercises that will stretch your imagination and thought process to raise you to new levels of achievement. If you have been feeling like you need a jump start to get back to painting, this is the class for you! Have your supplies ready so we can jump in right away, starting with a critique of any work you need advice about before next steps.
Odin’s Palette colors: (it may be hard to get these exact colors for a while, so please make due with colors that are close if you can’t find these.)
Acrylic paint colors:
(Acrylic Paint colors)
Ultra marine Blue
(Quinacridone Magenta is a nice extra!)
Find out why acrylic is one of the hottest trends in making art. Become familiar with the techniques to best use this exciting medium. Learn to use stronger values, better composition, and more dynamic color to give your work strength, depth and interest. Beginners to intermediates will learn to use this expressive medium to bring light and life to their paintings, and most importantly, bring a sense of self to their work.
- Primed Canvas or primed Masonite Board
- Medium Grade Acrylic or Oil Paint Brushes, # 2, #6, #8, #10, #12 to start
*(A.C. Moore and Michaels have good inexpensive brushes. Do not buy the lowest quality brushes. They fall apart in your painting.)
- Palette- I use an inexpensive “Glad” plastic covered casserole container, approximately 9” X 12” (Grocery store) with an 8” X 11” “Miracle Sponge” (A.C. Moore)
- Palette Paper or Parchment Paper (Grocery store) cut to size
- Paper Towels
- Container for water
- Several of your own photos (no magazine cuttings!) to use for reference, or objects for still life
The object here is to put together good, mid-grade supplies at a minimal cost.
Instructor Website: http://www.odinksmith.com/