The Gift Shop Gallery at Cape Cod Art Center is a wonderful opportunity for our artists, at any level of membership, to display and sell their artwork. We have recently expanded our Gift Shop Gallery with the aim to increase traffic and therefore sales for YOU – the artist.
Gift Shop Gallery Procedures:
- Every piece in the Gift Shop Gallery will be juried in, even if you are a Juried Artist Member.
- Cape Cod Art Center will accept all forms of original art including, but not limited to, ceramics, jewelry, paintings, photography, clothing items, stained glass, note cards, fabric art, tiles, books and sculpture.
- All items must be priced below $150. There is a limit of 5 pieces per member.
- You may bring work in at any time, the committee meets on an as needed basis.
- All pieces must have the Cape Cod Art Center “Exhibit Entry Form” on the back of each piece, to be filled out by the artist. These forms are available at the office. Each piece must be recorded on the artist’s inventory sheet.
- Every artist submitting pieces for the Gift Shop Gallery must complete and maintain an up-to-date inventory sheet for their product(s) in the Gift Shop Gallery.
- All framed work must be no larger than 16×20, including mat and frame. Gallery wraps with finished edges of 1-1/2 inches are required for unframed art. Framed work(s) must have hanging wire afixed to the back. No saw tooth hangers, no holes in back of pieces for hanging. Poorly presented work will neither be judged nor displayed.
- Prints of various sizes are acceptable. Prints must either be matted or backed by rigid material (foam board, etc.), and wrapped in clear packaging.
- We reserve the right to switch out work in other to keep the gallery offerings fresh.
- Note cards can be sold in the gallery lobby, are considered part of the Gift Shop Gallery. All cards must be wrapped in clear packaging.
- Commission split is 70%/30% for all Gift Shop Gallery Sales. A check will be mailed to the address on file.
- Please note that space in the Gift Shop Gallery is limited. Every effort will be made to display as many works as possible, but we reserve the right to hold work in the storage closet until space is available.
- Come in, drop off work, it will be left for the committee for acceptance. All work must be clearly and individually labeled. You will receive a phone call to come pick up your piece if it is not accepted. Gift Shop Gallery committee meets on an as-needed basis.
Questions? Please call the office at 508-362-2909 or email email@example.com